Easy DIY Christmas decorations
How about making your own Christmas candles in glass jars? Here’s how…
1. Prep your jars for use. Make sure they are clean and completely dry. Place them on a sheet of wax paper to ensure that any wax that spills will be easy to clean up.
2. Insert a candle wick in the centre of each jar. If you are using wicks with wick clips (little metal disks on the end), the wicks should easily stand up straight. If you are using wicks without clips, just hold the wick in position by tying the top of the wick to a pencil and balancing the pencil across the top of the container.
3. Wax should always be heated in a double boiler for safety precautions, which is essentially a pan inside of a pan. Fill the bottom pan with water and then place the second pan (where the wax will go) inside of it.
4. Cut the wax into small pieces and place it in the pan-within-the-pan. Heat over medium heat until the wax has melted.
5. Want your candle to be a certain colour? Add bits of crayons to the wax and heat until melted. Continue adding bits of crayon until you’re happy with the colour – the more you add, the darker it will become.
6. Don't ever leave your stove unattended while the wax is heating! When the wax has melted completely, turn off your stove.
7. Use oven mitts or pot holders to carefully pour the wax into your jar until it reaches the top (or the desired height).
8. Give the wax a few hours to cool down – best is to leave it until it has completely hardened.
9. Once the wax has hardened, simply trim the wick down to size, and your candle is ready for use!
Want your home to look slightly different this festive season? See these 20 amazing alternatives to traditional Christmas trees.
Related Wallpaper of Easy DIY Christmas decorations
Video of Easy DIY Christmas decorations
More Images from Easy DIY Christmas decorations
You May Like Also Bungalow For Sale Bournemouth