External house cladding: What are your options?
Factors which will influence the materials you can choose include your budget, the look of houses in your neighbourhood, and what your local council will approve. Also keep in mind that material costs can vary greatly depending on the intricacies of a project. A lot of suppliers will only work directly with trade, which means you may need to hire a building company or architect for the type of cladding you desire.
To steer your plans in a certain direction, take a look at the estimated costs of these house cladding materials:
• Timber composite – £105/m²
• Fibre cement weatherboarding – £65/ m²
• Softwood timber cladding (painted or treated) – £50/ m²
• Timber cladding (hardwood) – £90/ m²
• Timber cladding (heat treated)—£80/ m²
• Concrete tiles – £40/ m²
• Slate tiles – £100/ m²
• Natural stone – 100/ m²
• Artificial stone – £70/ m²
• Metal – £50/ m²
• PVCu – £50/ m²
• Brick—£60/ m²
• Brick slips – £50-60/ m² (including metal lath substructure and mortar joints)
• Rendering – £60/ m²
• Three coats of masonry paint – £15/ m²
Related Pictures of External house cladding: What are your options?
Video of External house cladding: What are your options?
More Images from External house cladding: What are your options?
You May Like Also Urban Garden Design Ideas